- The AAAAI Foundation announces the GAIN Campaign (Grow Allergy & Immunology Now) which aims to raise $250,000 in current use funds to immediately fund a third Faculty Development Award in 2017.
- A Regional, State and Local Allergy Society fundraising competition is announced.
- The 2016 5K Run/Walk, held during the Annual Meeting in Los Angeles, attracts a record 600 registrants.
The following Lectureships were announced:
- AAAAI Foundation and I. Leonard Bernstein, MD FAAAAI Memorial Lectureship
- AAAAI Foundation and Louis Mendelson Lectureship: Investing Together in Our Future
- The ARTrust changes its name to more closely align with the AAAAI, becoming the AAAAI Foundation.
- The Foundation’s mission is refreshed to read: “Funding research that leads to the prevention and cure of asthma and allergic and immunologic disease.”
- The award program is streamlined to provide for two annual Faculty Development Awards of $240,000 each, granted over three years.
- A new Foundation Council is established with a structure that provides direct and frequent reporting to the AAAAI Board of Directors.
- A record 29 grant applications are received for the 2016 Faculty Development Awards.
2013 – 2014
The ARTrust reaches its goal of raising $10 million. The ARTrust 5K Run/Walk is established.
The following Lectureships and Funds are announced:
- Donald Leung and JACI Editors Allergy/Immunology Research Fund
- ARTrust™ and Dr. William and Judith H. Busse Lectureship: Investing Together in Our Future
- ARTrust™ and Donald Y. M. Leung, MD, PhD-JACI Lecture: Investing Together in Our Future
- ARTrust™ and Phil and Barbara Lieberman and Friends Lecture: Investing Together in Our Future
- ARTrust™ and Stephen D. Lockey, Jr., MD Lecture: Investing Together in Our Future
- ARTrust™ and Anjuli Seth Nayak, MD Lecture: Investing Together in Our Future
- ARTrust™ and William T. Shearer and Lynn Des Prez Lecture: Investing Together in Our Future
- ARTrust™ and Louis Mendelson Lectureship Fund: Investing Together in Our Future
2011 – 2012
- The ART reaches the milestone of over $4.5 million dollars granted.
- Partnership initiatives include the renaissance of Named Lectureships and Honor Funds, resulting in a new campaign name “ARTrust, Investing Together in Our Future.”
- First Mini-Grants are awarded.
2010 – 2011
- Dennis K. Ledford, MD, FAAAAI, announces goal for the corpus to reach $10 million, naming the effort “Impact 2012.”
- The AAAAI Board of Directors approves the proposal to set-up the ARTrust as a separate 501(c)(3) corporation organized and operated as a supporting organization to AAAAI.
2007 – 2008
- ART leadership determines various target groups within the AAAAI membership for specific marketing messages.
2006 – 2007
- The Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Education and Research Trust (ART) is created to support both training programs and practicing allergists/immunologist, and to increase education and research efforts.
2005 – 2006
- A Hurricane Katrina Fund is established by the AAAAI Board of Directors and through donations from members. ERT establishes Growth Funds.
ERT offers new grants:
- Clinical Research Grants
- Allied Health Travel Grants
- Support of the Phoenix Program Award as one of the founding partners.
- ERT surpasses $2 million in awards granted since the ERT's inception in 1991.
ERT governing bodies are restructured to include:
- Oversight Committee (oversees all ERT activities)
- Resource Development Committee (principal fundraising entity)
- ERT Board of Trustees (award granting body)
- "Securing Our Future" begins offering giving opportunities to assist the ERT Development Committee's goal of increasing the corpus.
- Successful completion of the "Looking to Our Future" campaign.
- ERT corpus balance is $8,300,000 as of June 1, 2000.
1996 – 1999
- AAAAI members are challenged to pledge $5 million to complete the goal of a $10 million trust.
- The ERT awards its first grant: “Faculty Development Award.”
- Education and Research Trust - ERT - announced and President John A. Anderson, MD, FAAAAI, pushes for members to invest in the ERT through the “$10 Million” campaign.
- The Education and Research Fund is established as part of AAAAI.