SEEKING NEW COUNCIL MEMBERS
The AAAAI Foundation, Inc is actively seeking interested members to join its Council.
The Foundation Council provides administrative, operational and fundraising support to the AAAAI Foundation through management of annual giving campaigns, lectureship and major gift solicitations and special events.
The following list illustrates Council Member responsibilities:
- Be a Fellow of the AAAAI in good standing with a history of participation in AAAAI and the AAAAI Foundation.
- Will consider the AAAAI Foundation a philanthropic priority to indicate support of the Foundation and its mission and are encouraged to contribute $1,000 per year to the AAAAI Foundation during their tenure on the Council. - please make edits consistent with the above Thoroughly review agenda materials prior to attending monthly meetings.
- Serve two consecutive three-year terms with assigned committee.
Current Council Positions Open:
Research and Long-Range Planning (Vice-Chair)
- Guide our grant making, consistent with our mission to fund research that leads to the prevention and cure of asthma and allergic and immunologic disease.
- Support long-range planning activities.
- Oversee tracking and reporting of our grant success and impact through annual grant Outcome Study.
- Lectureships and Major Gifts (Vice-Chair)
- Raise funds for AAAAI Foundation Lectureships, to include increasing funds in existing Lectureships, and initiating new Lectureship campaigns.
- Identify and work with the chairs of specific lectureships to help them fundraise and successfully achieve the amount required to announce the lectureship in a timely fashion.
- With the support of Foundation staff, identify potential major donors and develop a strategy for pursuing donations.
- Lead efforts to solicit gifts from major donors. Requires soliciting funds from AAAAI members (legacy gifts), lay persons who have family members or personally have benefited from scientific advancements achieved by our specialty and pharmaceutical companies.